PROMO PAC endorses viable candidates running for statewide offices and the state legislature who have a proven track record of supporting equal rights and legal protections for LGBTQ Missourians and who are committed to advancing these goals in their capacity as elected officials.
Endorsement of municipal/local candidates
PROMO PAC endorses viable candidates running for statewide offices and the state legislature who have a proven track record of supporting equal rights and legal protections for LGBTQ+ Missourians and who are committed to advancing these goals in their capacity as elected officials.
PROMO PAC traditionally does not endorse candidates in local races. PROMO PAC may do so with the goal of actively supporting LGBTQ+ issues in our community, and building and developing a bench of strong openly LGBTQ+ leaders and candidates for higher office. Candidates for local office who believe that their candidacy will help advance specific issues for the LGBTQ+ community should reach out to the PROMO PAC to discuss potential support.
Endorsement by PROMO PAC requires the completion of a candidate survey and often includes candidate interviews. Candidates who are interested in our endorsement should contact the PROMO PAC board at promopac@PROMOonline.org as early as possible to inform us of your candidacy.
PROMO PAC’s Considerations for Endorsement
- Candidate must score 100% in support of LGBTQ+ equality on the candidate survey to be considered for endorsement.
- Candidate must be viable and able to run a competitive campaign.
- Candidate’s prior depth of work in support of full LGBTQ+ equality is a key factor.
- PROMO PAC does take into consideration whether candidates are openly LGBTQ+ but does not endorse candidates simply because they are LGBTQ+
- NOTE: A candidate who is not 100% in support of full LGBTQ+ equality is not eligible for endorsement.
Paid for by PROMO PAC, Denise Lieberman, Treasurer,
PO Box 300397, St. Louis, MO 63130